Thursday, March 16, 2006

Wed March 15 Evening update

So I have been sent home Now what...
Well it look like I am going to be developing a new sleeping pattern :-) no more late night 2AM parties I get to be at the hospital bright and early for the next week or so for lab work. Plus I am going to need to be given more treatments till sunday of the nasty blow away your immune system.

The car ride home was interesting. I thought my car road pretty smooth on the road and had plenty of space for me to lay out in, but that was before... Now riding in it with a gut that is stapled together and my mom driving, so I have no control over what bumps we hit it takes on a whole new riding experience. Only one other time have I been a passenger in the car, and that was shortly after I got it I let my super best friend Ryan drive so I could feel what that side felt like :-) It was also a unique experience because I was riding home with the hospital pants still on. I wasn't thinking all that clear when I made my hospital bag, I packed a lot of stuff extra that I wasn't ever going to need instead of just 1 really big shirt I packed 3, instead of 1 really big pair of pants I pack 3, I packed more like I was going camping for a weekend then I just need cloths to go home in. :-) So I asked my mom if she could take it home and empty out all the extra stuff that I have in it so it didn't weigh a ton. Well, I love you mom, She did but not really knowing what I wear size wise she packed based on what looked nice. But also took out things that I did need like shoes, coat. It is a nice day out today he doesn't need a coat. She didn't even pack herself a coat coming from Washington, not that she would wear it if she packed it anyway. She wasn't expecting to come to Utah and have it Snow, she has been away from the Utah license plates to long "Greatest Snow on Earth"... And then the morning Sunday my Grandfather is leaving it Snows, and then the morning I leave it snows

Anyway so I also wasn't feeling so good because of the OK-T3 drug they had given me about 5 hours earlier. But we made it home and I went straight to the Bathroom. They gave me dinner before I left, and it didn't settle very well with me. I have been learning over the last few meals what works and what doesn't and I am coming to the conclusion that after having a week long fast, and a new liver hasn't changed what my stomach and intestines like. :-) So my new diet is going to be the same diet I had before I went in for transplant. It likes veggies, fruit, Salmon, Chicken, and Turkey, eggs, bread, pasta. And AVOID dairy Milk/pudding BAD very bad. Greasy food, hamburger, fries, bacon, large quantities of heavy red meat. And soda pop, no more Cherry Coke for Micah :-( (That is what brought me up to the level to be transplanted, camping 4 out of 6 weekends last summer eating hamburger, Soda Pop, grease...)

The really nice thing is that my pain level has dropped to about 3 or 4 (my high in the hospital was 9 but I was averaging a 5 or 6) so now I am taking only 1 pain pill ever 4+ hours instead of 2 or 3 pills every 3 hours.

So now:
13 Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,
14 I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:13, 14)

(Psalms 100:1-5)

1 A psalm. For giving thanks. Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures for ever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

The hardest part of this whole life changing experience is still ahead. But I will sing praise.

No comments: