Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I have so much to be thankful for...

This morning I woke up early trying to sleep but just can't, and today it isn't even because of nurses coming in to check on me. I think I slept to much earlier. I am just having a hard time getting comfortable tonight. But being awake I start praying, and that led to me to think of all the things I have to be thankful for, far far to many to list here. But some of the big ones that have come to mind is everybody who is praying for me. Prayer is a powerful thing and I am confident that God is answering every one of your prayers, maybe not in the time frame we want, but part of the Miracle to me is seeing how many people are praying from all over the country/world and I don't even know all of them. I really appreciate that.

(Philippians 4:4-8)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

Another pretty cool thing is wireless internet so I can keep people updated on how I am doing :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micah, so glad you are doing some better. We know in your condition that any improvement, even small ones, are important. Cindy and I enjoyed our visit with you and your mom. You are indeed on many, many prayer lists. You are in our thoughts every moment of the day. We know the Lord works to make His will happen and that is what we pray for. He is soverign and thankfully in control of all things. Your faith and the blog are a real testimony to all who read it. We love you Micah. Susan and Terry P.

Anonymous said...

Dear Micah,

I finally had the chance to go to your blog a couple of days ago, when I was up early, unable to go back to sleep as well. (smile) I am amazed at your courage, faith, trust and thankfulness in the midst of a difficult trial. My family and I are praying for you, and it is encouraging to hear my kids pray for a fellow believer who they don't even know, and yet intercede for.

We are asking for God to heal you, and to be glorified in it. It is evident by reading your updates that you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength, and that you are willing to walk this road in complete trust. And we are praying for the Holy Spirit to strengthen you day by day...spiritually, emotionally and physically. God is able!!!

I know you are missed by all your friends and family, and although I have only known you for a little while, it has been my honor and privilege to work with you at Channel 20. Thanks for your smile and encouragement every time I see you...I look forward (as does everyone I'm sure!) to your return to our Thursday tapings!

I was reading Psalm 16 this morning, and hope this portion encourages you as it did me:

"I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope....
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16: 7-9,11


God bless you and your family...we are praying for you!!!

Kuulei Lee

Ryan said...

hey micah,
i'm glad your doing alright. we have been praying for you in church. get better man!