Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pain drugs are a wonderful thing!!!

Good idea taking pain drugs every 3 hours to manage pain. Bad Idea have pain drugs at 3:40AM so next drugs are due at 6:40 when nurses go on shift change. :-( I asked for them at 6:00 but once again I guess I don't squeak enough, so I didn't get the grease this morning. :-) After paging every 10 minutes and having pain up to about 9 on the scale, with me convulsing on bed in pain and having the transplant doctor order the nurse to come see me I am feeling much better 2 hours later.

FYI- Crying and convolutions really hurt when you try not to use the abdomen muscles.

Another thing that I have learned about the transplant teem is they don't like it when blood draws don't happen. And I agree with them. That is becoming the thing I dislike most and the good news is I get to have it 3 times a week before 7 am for the next month or so :-) I have a central line in to make getting my morning blood easy, they are suppose to just be able to get it right out of me. Well so far it only worked in the ICU. Yesterday morning I almost passed out on them, they were digging for my blood. And Micah's body really doesn't like it when people do that. So this morning they came tried again, and instead of continuing to dig they decided to let the blood tech pull it from my arm. 2 pokes and 4 attempts later she decided to let one of the more skilled people come and grab my blood. It is funny that the blood dudes don't like taking blood out of someone in a lot of pain who is shaking. So now I am still waiting for them to come get my blood levels so they can give me the anti rejection stuff and make my doctor friends happy. And the sooner they are happy the sooner I get to be on a liquid diet which will make me happy, which will hopefully make the blood dudes happy :-)

Oh I am feeling so much better!!!. God is so so so good to me and takes care of me. I have nothing to fear, because it is not about me it is all about Him and for His glory that I am where I am, which is very relaxing knowing that I can just hang on to Him hanging on to me and enjoy the ride.

No comments: