Sunday, March 26, 2006

Morning Fun

I am special enough this morning to get another CT scan. They decided to try something different with me and drink a barium contrast drink instead of the Crystal Light that I had before when I had these test. Well because I haven't eaten anything of substance I got one sip down and then my stomach immediately revolted, and I proceed to through it and everything else still left in my stomach back up. Now it is back to the crystal light special drink again and hopefully will do better with it.

They also decided that I needed another IV this morning for this test so lucky me I get poked again. I am really starting to feel like a pin cushion I have lost tracked of how many times I have been poked :-) Think of the stories I will be able to tell my kids in the future about how barbaric medicine was when I...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You remind me of the Apostle Paul...always pressing on and always finding joy in every situation.
You are such an encouragement to everyone who knows you. Keep letting God's light shine through you!

Anonymous said...

Trials, temptations, disappointments -- all these are helps instead of hindrances, if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fiber of character but strengthen it. Every conquering temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before."
James Buckham


You are a very amazing person. I admire how you take this beutiful life God has granted you and live it to its fullest. May God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

hi Micah,

sorry I didn't get to talk to you today, I guess you're allowed to take a potty break once in a while! So I talked to your lovely mom instead, I was hoping for better news though.

this is out of the amplified Bible: Romans 5:3-6

Let us also be full of joy now! Let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
And endurance develops maturity of character - that is, approved faith and tried integrity. And character produces joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
Such hope never disappoints us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.
While we were yet in weakness - powerless to help ourselves - at the fitting time Christ died for the ungodly.

I know you're thinking that boy, you've developed enough good character by now, and that's what I'm thinking too, but we just have to trust God's plan, and have peace in it.

love you brother,
Margy