Thursday, March 09, 2006

Liver transplant has finally Arived

Normally I don't do much blogging but as a way of letting people know where I am at I thought I would give it a try.

November 2005 Listed active on the Liver transplant list type A blood. It is a weird place to be I am standing on the edge of a miracle. If God touches me and heals me so I don't need transplant that would be a Miracle. If He takes me through the transplant that to will be a Miracle.

Well now after several months of God teaching me patience and that it is his time not mine my Miracle finally is here.

Monday March 5th 2006 (Happy birthday Joey)
8:45 got the call to be on alert don't eat or drink anything.
It was an answer to prayer I was with my church family at Every Man's Monday, Ironic part is I had just talked to Steve McInroy about going on the Colorado road trip saying that I want to go, and since nothing was happing with the transplant I thought I would be able to go. But God and his sense of humor said tonight is the night.

9:30 hanging out with friends for Joeys Birthday when the call came saying that they wanted me to come in. Wow after a year long process to get to this point the day was finally here now it is my turn to Hold on tight to God and enjoy the ride.

10:30 Checked into room 648 :-) Yeah God is watching out for me, How fun is that. And visited with friends.

Tuesday Morning 8 am went in to surgery 5 1/2 hours later came out. Doctors said I did wonderful I didn't need a blood transfusion :-) I was waking up enough that they pulled the breathing tubes before going to ICU.

Tuesday night didn't sleep a whole lot, kept getting bugged by ICU nurses. Listened to Anything CD and Captured by Grace all night, Thanks Steele, Kim and band for being in the hospital with me all night :-)



1 comment:

Lisa said...

So true...God does have a sense of humor! We all love you and are praying for you!!!