Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday

Well it is official my mom remembers why she doesn't miss Utah. It is the "Greatest snow on earth" for falling in. This morning once again it snowed, but instead of being the nice powder light snow this is the the super heavy wet slushy snow that makes everything really slippery. So as we were walking out of the hospital today she was walking down the grass with just a slight slope and her foot went out and down she went. Thankfully she didn't hit her head or anything but she did hit her shoulder on the sidewalk. So pray that nothing develops from this slip.

Yeah today is my last day for of my nasty treatment. Now hopefully I can really start the recovery process and be getting back up to speed. I don't know what God has in store for me but it is kinda exciting to know that He has something better just around the next bend.

While we have been resting, and waiting in the doctor offices, we have been watching pieces of movies spread out over multiple days. :-) The movie that we watched today was "Must Love Dogs." It had been my first time seeing it, and I find that afterwards I just keep thinking about how God's view of dating is so different then the worlds view. The world is shallow and empty selfishly gratifying desires with anyone who can come along. God's view of dating, is not what "selfish I" can get, but how can I die to self and what I can give to make somebody else happier. There is a struggle because we want what we want when we want it, but God's time is best. It is funny how waiting for this transplant has grown in me more patience and faith that can be applied to other areas of my life. Like dating. I know that God has me here for a purpose to glorify him, and that he has a perfect helpmate picked out for me. Why do I need to stress and worry about trying to find that person myself? If I am running full steam for God, and they are running full steam for God. I just have to wait and God will bring us together when we are both ready for each other. So my prayer for my future spouse is that God will be protecting her and growing her into a Proverbs 31 woman, and that she will be waiting for God's best, not trying to speed up the clock, doing things on her own.

The doctors said when they listed me on the list for transplant to be ready at anytime. The call is going to come at the most inopportune time. It will interrupt, and disrupt everything. For the first few weeks I was stressing and worrying about how it will interrupt, but then I had an attitude shift. It isn't about me... It is all about God. I don't want just the next liver that comes available, I want the one that God has picked. I want the one that is a perfect fit that will make the surgery super smooth with no complications. And so when the call comes it will be at the perfect time.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hey Micah, thanks for sending me the link and say Hi to your mom for me!

Blessings,
L