Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cool verses I re-read today

Several people have made comments about how strong I have been going through this treatment. Looking back I really have been through quite a bit but the amazing thing is that it really doesn't feel like it is as big a deal as it truly is. I think a lot of that has been God's strength and promises pulling me through. I really can't take credit for any of the progress I have made, other then to say that I am walking by faith one day at a time and trusting that God's plan for my life is far better then anything I can come up with on my own. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride, and watch the power of prayer work and the body of Christ move.

(James 1:2-5)

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

(Romans 5:3, 4)
3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.

That is what I see this extended hospital stay is a test of patience and that if I give up now, I am missing out on the full miracle. Also the end of this desert is coming onto the horizon and if I stop now I will still be in the desert and I am going to have to finish crossing it at some point.

(James 1:17-22)
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent, and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I can't help but think that in the hospital with me are so many needy people and the nurses are always running from one room to the next. So I wonder what witnessing effect that I am having on them, a lot of them know now that I am a Christian and that I have been in here for 10 days. I hope and pray that they are seeing God in me, and that by not getting angry or grouchy or rude but very easy going if they are seeing anything unique in me. "Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary use words"

(James 5:7-11)
7 Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.
8 You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.
9 Don’t grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
10 Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

This entire process leading up to transplant going through the transplant battling rejection, waiting for my body to get back in line, has been quite a year. But just like I couldn't predict when things were actually going to move, I did know that things were moving and that the ball would finally hit the fan. In the same way we don't know exactly when Christ is coming back but we have the promise that he is, and at just the right time! Yeah God!!!!

(Romans 8:24-28)
24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Trying to be patient is probably one of the hardest things we have to learn. This verse brings me comfort that even when I don't know what I am doing or what to pray for the Spirit is working on our behave, and that in ALL things God works! Not just when you think it is the good things but he uses our weakness to bring Glory to HIMSELF!!! "It is not about you!" -Purpose Driven Life It is all about God for His pleasure.


(Hebrews 12:1)
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Satan is a PUNK! Yeah GOD has the victory!!!

1 comment:

Alaberi said...

Hi Micah,

Just happened across your blog while blog-surfing (taking a brief break from my studies). I was so encouraged to read some of your entries and was inspired by your strength and clinging to our great Lord throughout your illness and surgeries, etc. Indeed, Satan IS a punk, and we DO serve a great God and I hope and pray that He heals you quickly and well. In any case, I praise God for faithful (in the sense of loyal, and full of faith) Christ-followers like you. Carry on, brother!

peace,
Alaberi