Saturday, April 01, 2006

Home at last

Guess what... I didn't have nurses coming in to my room at all hours of the night nor did I wake up cause someone was opening my door. That part was very nice. I didn't sleep as good as I had hoped I was back to getting up every 2 hours but it was my bed and that part was very nice. Also my mom and Grandfather when I was in the hospital the first time got me a Lazy Boy Recliner chair that has a built in heat and vibrator. So I am really glad to be home so I can relax in it again.

And of course there is always something that has to be broke when you get home. We had Comcast internet installed Monday morning the day I went back into the hospital. So 11 days later I go to turn it on to update the blog and of course now it doesn't work, call tech support and they say they can't figure out the problem we'll send a tech tomorrow. We will see how long it takes to fix the problem.

Un-sponsored advertisement:
Since last night was my first night home from the hospital my mom asked me what I wanted to eat for my first dinner. I had already been thinking about this for while: Spaghetti, Pizza, Salmon, Steak. Were all sounding good but the more I thought about it spaghetti was what I was in the mood for. So I checked out Olive Garden's web site looking at there togo menu. We weren't going to eat in a restaurant but take it home. Fewer bugs that way for a dude who has no natural immune system. I also checked out The Old Spaghetti Factory (In Trolley Square) web site: http://www.OSF.com but they didn't say anything about being able to take it to go. We decided to stop by and find out if they did have it to go and if they didn't we were going elsewhere. Well the good news is that they do take out orders. So after 11 days living on hospital food my first dinner tasted OH OH OH so good. I got the undecided 4 sauce combination Meat, Mushroom, Clam, Mizthra Cheese, in the hearty size (extra big portion) with the Minestrone soup and sourdough french breed roll. My mom got the Manager special with Mushroom and Mizthra sauce. We were able to take it home and enjoy and save the left overs for later. The other really cool thing which deserves a very special Thank you. We told them when we ordered that this was going to be our first dinner after being in the hospital, and that I have been fighting rejection of a new liver. (I was wearing a mask, it feels funny like I am a germaphobic or something but right now I don't really care what I look like) When we went to pay the waitress gave us my meal for free we just had to buy my mom's. She said her father had gone through a heart transplant, and wanted to wish us the best of luck.

So I want to SAY a really BIG THANK YOU to the Old Spaghetti Factory. That is one meal that I will remember for a very long time!

No comments: