Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday Update

Once again I didn't sleep well so I spent another day trying conserve energy and sleep off and on through out the day. We met with the transplant doctors in clinic today. So they were looking over me lab values, and we told them all about how things are going with me how I am blowing up like a big balloon in the gut and feet, and not sleeping well. They say yup that is common side effects of the prednisone and all the other drugs I am on including insomnia. They don't want to give me sleeping pills right now because that can cause other issues. So I am going to have to stay on my current level for about another 2 1/2 weeks, because of my severe rejection, then they will look at tapering it off. Normally at this point they tapper prednisone off but I am not a normal case. They are still hopeful, but at the same time they are still worried. They don't feel they have control over this rejection yet and that I could revert back very easy. So I am suppose to avoid people that have the potential of making me sick like the plague! Oh I can't wait for the day when God's healing my body and this liver is finished and I can get back to a normal life. But in the short term I just pray for the strength to make it through another night. I am going to bed now.

No comments: