Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Becky's Banana Split

Here's the Banana Split I made today! :-)

Let's see...
The banana is Micah (My sweet, wonderful, best looking, top banana on that tall tree!)
...who has been split open for the Liver surgery...

The two or three scoops of ice cream (chocolate & vanilla & strawberry) is his two or three Liver rejections!)...

The hot fudge topping, Butterscotch topping, and Strawberry topping are the doctors that have the rejections all covered...

The whip cream is the snow that is falling on everything right now!!

The nuts are all his friends and family going nuts over all this! And the biggest nut is Me!

And the best part of this Banana Split is the cherry on top which represents PRAYER!

OH!!! And the item I forgot is the BOWL that this Sundae is built in... which is God's hands holding this whole drippy mess! The things melting are only the things HE is allowing to melt and flow through HIS fingers! HE KNOWS & CARES ABOUT IT ALL! HE knows about the rejections that are melting and the doctors who are trying to keep it all covered as they run all over the place trying to keep it all together and don't know what to try next! HE hears all the prayers on top of all this and...
Even more HE knows all about that banana buried under all this mess... BECAUSE HE MADE THAT BANANA!! HE ALSO KNOWS about the nutty mom who hates the whip cream right now and who is talking about Sundaes now!! :-) YES! She has gone nutty but is trying to keep a sense of humor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I LOVE YOU! From one "nutty" mother to another, you are not as nuts as you feel. I love Micah too. I have both my brother and my mommy in my prayers!Remeber, like our bible and money both read, "In God we trust" Love April

Lisa said...

I love the banana split analogy! Very creative...and delicious. It's true, God has this whole sticky mess in His hands.
I'm glad you're blogging now. It will be your job to keep all of us up to date when Micah's energy level isn't so great. :-)
Praying for you both.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are "blogging" now--I can see where Micah gets his sense of humor! You both are, and will continue to be in our prayers.