Thursday, April 27, 2006

Weight Loss gurus eat your heart out

I just wanted to give an update on my excitement over the last few days. I came into the hospital weighing in at an uncomfortable 250 lbs and I have good news that now I am down to 103. How is that for massive weight loss... Oh wait I guess that doesn't show the accurate picture I have a lbs->kg conversion in there I need to calculate :-) Same issue that crashes planes and stuff.

I am now at 227 lbs. So now I wanted to advertise to the world about my wonderful weight-loss program for only 19.99. I loss 20 lbs in 2 days. I laid in bed, watched TV, slept, walked about 200 feet a day, ate a low sodium diet. Sounds great huh. I guess I would have to included some of that extra superfine print, saying you feel terrible, hurts to move, you don't feel like doing anything, and your going to the bath room every 20 minutes, with lots of diarrhea. And I guess I need to say something about the weight that is coming off was due to water retention 60 lbs in 20 days (massive skin stretching) and to make this whole thing work your liver has to be messed up. Note: This weight loss program is not for everyone.

Doesn't the fine print just take all of the fun away. I guess I can't really make any money on it. And anything I did make would go to pay the first person who sues me over it. Oh well I have never been in the business of making quick money.

Yes that fine prints sums up my life the last few days. I haven't felt like doing anything, even working on my computer hasn't been something I have wanted to do. I haven't responded to any emails, Updated any blog entries. I have ignored almost all phone calls. It hasn't been fun. I have had a few people stop by but even then I was trying not to fall asleep on them and be sociable.

This stupid infection in me is really beating me up, stealing my joy, hope,and energy. It hasn't taken my faith, but there has been part of me that has wanted to give up because I have nothing left. But that is when God comes through gives me the strength to once again get out of bed and go to the bathroom and then back to bed. :-) I guess I am right now living 5 minutes at a time if I can just make it through the next 5 minutes...

On the positive side the doctors do say my liver levels are continuing to improve.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Micah... and what's with the spelliing of Your name? Sounds more like micha or mika. It's your uncle.... we love you and know that God must have a big plan for you, proven by what you are going through. HE would not put you through all this unless HE has something big. I will call you JOB and say... keep the faith a lot of people are praying and that in itself is a good thing... think about all the people talking with GOD on the account of you! Wow do you have a big impact on people!

Anonymous said...

It is awesome when you think of all the people that are praying for you across the US. Praying for you daily, that the Lord will touch your body and bring complete healing.

Anonymous said...

How's Becky doing today? We're praying for you too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Micah, I was ready to sign up for your weight loss program, until I read all the fine print. Good thing you included that! I am praying for you and look forward to seeing you soon.

-Laura

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you brother!