Saturday, April 22, 2006

'WE'RE BACK!!"

Micah Update:

After a week of wonderful reports from the doctor about how well THE NUMBERS were doing, I had almost gotten to the point of feeling Micah was out of the woods now... WE HAD JUST REACH THE ONE WEEK MARK OF THE NUMBERS FALLING EVERY DAY!!
About 2:00 p.m. HE HAD GOTTEN THE FIGURES FOR FRIDAY! Some of the numbers had continued to go down, BUT!...a few had gone up. :-( The white blood cell count had gone up and the doctors didn't know why. They weren't too concerned since Micah told them he was OK... just tired. Five hours later he was running 103 temp again. :-( My only connection with 103 temps was in connection with a Liver Rejection. My heart sank...

Today the report was that the numbers were about where there were and that at this point they are saying "ACUTE INFECTION" not "LIVER REJECTION!" TYL!!!

Well, we went back to Micah's favorite resort or Hotel again... (known also as the hospital!)
And I spent another night on a hospital cot.
Let's see... Does that mean "STRIKE 3!!" OR... "THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM!! " :-)

I am personally relieved to be here. I feel so much better when Micah is under a doctor's care... especially now with Micah's pregnancy! :-)
They are giving him some special medications to help with all of the water retention. He just had two IV treatments giving him the Albunin his blood is lacking to deal with all this fluid. Hopefully this will help along with the other diaretic pills he is taking.
Micah is looking much better now after all the medication they have given him.
He even has a smile on his face! Yep! That is what happens when a young man is waited on by all these nice nurses!
Mom's care just can't compete! :-) It's nice to see him feeling better so that means Mom is feeling better also! And if mom is feeling better... I hope that means YOU are feeling better now also!! :-)

Please keep praying, though. As you can see these little "bumps" are something we may have to put up with for a while. It's teaching me patience. BUT I WANT HIM BETTER... NOW!! we are hanging in there though... keeping the faith... Trusting in the Lord.
I Peter 1:6,7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man, I am sorry to hear you're back at the "hotel de-avenues", but at least that means constant care.
Micah I don't know what your trial means, but your faith and sense of humor is so uplifting for the rest of us, it really gives me a sense of what life is really all about, and that's not me, for sure.
You have to make every hour of every day count, coz life is so precious.
I will be out of town tomorrow, but will try to come and see you on MOnday night. I have sent a prayer request to my group again.
God bless,
Margy