Monday, April 24, 2006

MONDAY APRIL 24 DAY 47

DAY 3 IN THE HOSPITAL AGAIN!

Last night was another tough night with another fever attack and chills. It didn't last as long though, because right at the start the nurses gave him the Tylonol he was requesting... We all knew what was coming having been through it a few times now. The nurses didn't even hesitate... Micah knew what was happening and everyone jumped to position! He still felt miserable for a while, but then sleep finally settled in again.

I wish I could write about something less embarrassing about this morning... but I haven't seen much of him so far!
He has been spending an awful lot of time in the bathroom playing KING FOR A DAY... SITTING ON HIS THRONE! :-)
A lot of HIS SERVANTS have come in looking for him, but they have not been allowed into his private throne room.
So, he has been very anti-social this morning! :-)
Leaving his mother to entertain herself again and act as Micah's private secretary scheduling appointments with the various nurses! :-)
I have been giving some thought to turning in my application here at the hospital since I have been


This KING FOR A DAY has got a good side though... THE DIURETICS & LASIXS are working and the more fluid that leaves his body the better! :-)

I am disappointed that we haven't seen a doctor yet today... maybe after lunch.
Oh! And good news! Micah didn't get the hamburger for breakfast this morning!
I think it was good that we cut the hamburger in half last night and he ate a bite of it. Must have been enough for the kiitchen! :-)

ALRIGHT!! THE TRANSPLANT TEAM CAME!! ALL 9 OF THEM! :-)
That was so reassuring to me! They are on top of it. :-)
They have made some changes now lowering some meds and increasing others for the water retention. The liver numbers have continued to drop, despite the fact it's not producing the Albunin which is part of the problem with the water retension and the infection which was the reason we are in the hospital again. Maybe thatinfection really was a blessing in disguise... just so the doctors could see him again and DO SOMETHING!! Hopefully the changes they are making will do some good now!
Well, we know that he has an infection.
The infection would have been leaving his body, but because he is retaining water, the infection is staying within the fluid... All the more reason to work at getting the fluids to be eliminated.

LUNCH TIME!! You will be surprised to hear what was for lunch!! AWE... You guessed it! A HAMBURGER!! But it wasn't dry this time! There was musterd, catsup, and mayonaise! :-) I think Micah will be disappointed not having a hamburger for dinner, but the dietician
will be here shortly to talk over menu ideas with Micah. I am sure he will pass on another hamburger for dinner! :-)

We are going to watch a movie on his computer, so I will get this posted now...
Until next time...
Becky






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just read the blog. Again, your sense of humor is great! I'm glad the King has spent some time in his special room doing what needs to be done. Hopefully you enjoyed the movie. Isn't it amazing how much a laptop allows a person to do almost anywhere at anytime. Here we are communicating from one state to another state!

Anonymous said...

Just said a prayer for you...I'm wishing you peace in your heart and a deeper faith than you ever thought possible. I wish you tiny miracles around every corner. I wish you a world filled with the people, place and traditions you hold closest to your heart. I'm praying for you and for your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah (and Becky):

Our prayer group prayed for you both this morning! I know God has good plans in store for you...keep trusting in His promises - Here's a good one for today: Psalm 94:18-19 "When I said, 'My foot is slipping, your love, O Lord supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

Praying that the pain, the water, and the weariness goes; and that God's peace, presence, and healing comes.

Anonymous said...

Michah,

There were some really great verses in the One Year Bible's psalm today--Psalm 94. I want to share some with you.

v. 14
The LORD will not reject his people;
he will not abandon his special possession.

v.18-19 I cried out, "I am slipping!"
but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me.
When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

v.22 But the LORD is my fortress;
my God is the mighty rock where I hide.

Praying for you!!
Love,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Micah, are you listening. STOP IT, OK! Please. It is hard for me to read about your suffereing, your mother must be heart broken. So, the only answer is to get better, ok. I love you so much Micah! April Hewes

preyingjaws said...

Micah,

GO HOME!
I mean getting better is one thing, being perfect is another. Dude, june is just around the corner & you know what the ROCK does in june.
You've got to stop this yo-yo so we can go shoot some 'just do it'

Later
B

PS
Your in Good Hands with...




JC

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you guys...wondering how today is going...

Anonymous said...

A prayer from "A Woman of Prayer" devotional book: Today, Dear Lord, I will live in hope. If I become discouraged, I will turn to You. If I grow weary, I will seek strength in You. In every aspect of my life, I will trust You. You are my Father, Lord, and I place my hope and faith in You. Amen.

Praying for you Micah and for you
Becky.