Monday, April 03, 2006

I hope I don't burst anybody bubble...

For those of you who put a lot of faith in doctors, I now have experience that proves they are not always right 100 percent of the time. The doctors have told me that I should be able to eat anything I want there are no restrictions in my diet. Eat whatever you want. So the last few days I have been if it sounds good sure I will eat it. I have usually been getting full sooner then I was before the transplant so I am not eating as much as I once did but I have had a pretty good appetite overall. So what has been sounding really good is pizza, cheese, and Ice Cream. I had problems with that type of food not settling well before the transplant, so in the back of my mind I knew I should avoid them. Well last night all of my "splurging" finally fully hit. I was in so much pain from my intestines and gut I didn't sleep well at all I couldn't get comfortable and I was going to the bathroom what felt like almost every 30 minutes most of the night. I won't go into more details other then to say I was not having fun.

Once again I am learning my limits. I am finding I have a real problem always pushing myself right up to that line and usually going over it. Why can't I be content to stay away from it where it is comfortable and safe?

No comments: