Saturday, April 15, 2006

The rollercoaster continues

It is crazy how I can have a really good day, (Friday) and then the next day (Saturday) my energy level bottoms out again. Yesterday was a really good day. I even felt up to stopping by work and saying hi for a bit. Went for a good walk. And to top it all off I got about 4 1//2 - 5 hours of sleep, which is unheard of for me and I didn't even take a sleeping pill. Then today I feel like I am bottoming out again. In many ways I am doing good, but when it comes to moving It is a royal pain, "Everywhere!" My legs knees and ankles are so enlarged right now it hurts to move them or bend them. I wish there was a way I could put them in a squeegee and push all the extra fluid out of them. So in the mean time I am trying to keep them elevated and let gravity help move the fluid. It is really weird when I press on my skin I can leave indents for a second or two before they fill back in. The human body is amazing how it all works. Whoever said we just happened by chance and millions and millions of years must have been blind, dumb and stupid if they ever took a human anatomy class. The body works to perfectly to not be designed, even when it doesn't work properly and has an over active immune-system that wants to kill itself it still works by design and other systems take over to compensate for the messed up system. After going through this transplant I have a new respect for what doctors are capable of doing, but I still have to laugh at how little they truly know about transplanting. And it just puts it more in perspective how great and powerful God is, and he holds everything together.

No comments: