Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I have more to report today...

I had a pretty good day. I have had more energy today then I have in quite a while. It was wednesday so that meant waking up and going to to the hospital to give more blood so they see how I am doing with everything, it is fun they know me by name, so when I walk in I just have to tell them my birth-date. But on the down side I have gotten poked so many times my veins are starting to scar over. I was already challenging for them because my veins roll really easy and I can pass out really easy, now they have a new challenge on me. I miss the PICC line that I had when I was in the hospital, didn't like it going in and showering with it in, but when it came to giving blood I liked it.

After the hospital I was hungry and so we went out for breakfast, at IHOP but they didn't get my order right, my eggs were over-easy and I order over-hard. At camp years ago we made "German pancakes" that were really good so I was expecting what I had years ago, but to my disappointment they brought crepes with lemons on them, not anywhere close to the memory I have of "German Pancakes", my mom says that she will try to find the recipe that we used at camp and we will make them ourselves some time at home. I am not that big on complaining about little things and this was definitely minor in comparison to what I have been through, and it was still good food. So I am not letting that get me down.

This afternoon I was still feeling pretty good so after lunch we headed out on this beautiful day after storm (I always like those days how the SLC valley clears up and you can see for miles) for a drive up to Ogden, to do a couple of errands. And my mom had an long time old friend who works at Sam's Club that she was dying to see. I was happy to be able to have enough energy that she could do that, she has been getting stir crazy and board with me sitting not doing much the last few days. Unfortunately my energy isn't up to what it used to be yet so my knees started to swell and I was getting tired so we headed home.

For dinner tonight we were in the mood for Chinese food, but I haven't been able to find a really good Chinese take-out place in Salt Lake. I know of several really good Chinese buffets, or dine in places but to take an order to-go that isn't $8.00+ a person I haven't been able to find. If anyone knows of a "Good" cheeper place we would be interested in recommendations.

So after a fairly busy day (when compared to the last few days, but this is nothing compared to what I used to do in a day :-) ... ), there was still part of me that I had some energy left after dinner and a big part of me wanted to go to Church tonight. I told my mom I would even where the surgical mask to help avoid germs. She didn't think it was a good idea, "I don't what you to over do it, remember the last time you had a really good day?" Yeah I remember I spent the night in emergency with 103.5 temperature... Yeah as much as I want to go to Church worship God, fellowship with my brothers and sisters, I also know I need to set limits and not push the limits to far yet. So to all the people in my church family know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and the great things that God is at work doing in our city. "One life at a time, One world in our lifetime!" Win, Build, Send

So overall today has been a really good day, the hospital also called about the blood work and for the first time they told me that I don't need to change any of my drug dosages, and my high levels are continuing to creep (come down) lower. We will hope and pray that this trend continues and they say the same thing about my friday blood-work :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Micah! It's Amanda Bradford. I've been reading your blog and keeping up on how things are going. Scott and I are prarying for you to get better. I just wanted to let you know that there's a nice cheap Chinese takeout on 56oo w. It's probably a bit far from your new apt. but if you can make the drive it's so worth it. It's called Banzi. I don't know if you had it when you lived with Scott. But it's great. Oh, by the way, we're having a baby. :) Yeah. Oct. 10th. Pretty crazy, but we're excited. I hope that you feel better soon, and Scott and I are praying.

Anonymous said...

Hi Micah... It's your Uncle... We love you! We also pray for you like I know a lot of people are doing.... I will call you "JOB" and say... keep the faith... God must have a big plan for you as proven by all that you are going through.