Sunday, April 23, 2006

SUNDAY, APRIL 23 DAY 48

I think I am too old for amusement parks, especially roller coaster rides!! I want to stop this one and take Micah and go home!

I left the hospital this morning to run back to the apartment to get cleaned up and then I called him before I left the apartment to see if he needed anything... I left the apartment and drove the 5 or 10 minutes and when I got back to Micah's room I found Micah in extreme pain in his back & chills (teeth chattering, the rest of him near convulsions) and nurses working on him. That all happened within 5 or 10 minutes!! I had just talked to him on the phone and told him I was heading back now
Now he has another fever... 101 and climbing. :-(

The nurse was just in. Looks like they have a name for the infection now...(I don't remember what it was, but something with the word BILE... sounds like still liver related. :-(
At least he is calmer now...and trying to sleep.

This is so discouraging and it is taking a real toll on Micah. His spirits are pretty low today...or another word would be depressed. :-( As you can see He still needs your continued prayers... and we appreciate your prayers more than we can say!

... BREAK...

My friend Chris came today from Ogden, to take me out for lunch and a time to visit! It made me a little nervous leaving Micah so soon after his tough morning, but he has been sleeping... ever since. So my leaving may have been the best thing for him and ME! :-) I hope all his sleeping this afternoon won't keep him awake all night now!

Now since he is sleeping I have to entertain myself...
1. I can sit here and watch Micah sleep! There is a few ways to enjoy this!
        a. Watch the rise and fall of Micah's chest.
        b. Count how many breaths he takes in a minute...
        c. Watch for his next movement... an eye? a finger? a lip? a whole body repositioning!?

2. I can watch the numbers on the IV Pump and wait for the beeping to begin when the bottle is empty...
        or I can watch each drip of the IV medication as it drips down in the collector tube
3. Watch the second hand move around the clock... See which hand gets to 12 first... the second hand or the hour         hand! (Surprise!! It's always the second hand!! :-)
4. Count how many times the nurse comes in to check on Micah in an hour...
5. Write something for the Blogspot!!
Can you guess what I decided to do?

Well, let's see what else I can tell you about now.

Micah's dinner was just brought in. This wasn't a meal to write home to mom about! It looks like the kitchen decided to punish Micah for not eating all his lunch!! We had sent his tray back at noon because he wasn't up to eating it at lunch and they must have kept it warm for him to try again for dinner! When we took the tray cover off the dinner plate, the same PLAIN, dry hamburger was smiling up at him - along with the little dinner roll and vegetables. I thought I heard a voice say... "We're Back!" We sent it back to the kitchen again. Do you think he will get it for breakfast tomorrow morning now? :-)

I just read over my "WE'RE BACK" entry.
How quickly things change. I am still glad that there is someone else to help with Micah's care, but when I wrote: "Micah is looking much better now after all the medication they have given him.
He even has a smile on his face!" THAT WAS NOT TODAY!!
Micah says that in these 45 days he has had to endure, TODAY WAS THE WORSE!
This has been a very hard day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
We will at least be talking with some transplant doctors in the morning.
I just pray it won't be really bad news again. We'll let you know tomorrow.

I am heading to bed now...
Good Night, people of the Internet World!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You continue to be in our prayers...both of you. I can see where Micah gets his sense of humor. I'm glad you're keeping us up-dated Becky when Micah isn't able to. Will be waiting to hear from you regarding your meeting with the transplant doctor. When does Micah's ob doctor meet with you?