Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday, May 11, 2006

DAY 4 OF THIS HOSPITAL STAY
AND I DID IT AGAIN! :-(

I just spent about an hour or more writing you my morning message only to loose it! :-(
I hate when I do that! Micah reminded me to WRITE IT IN THE JOURNAL NOT AOL!
Well, let's see if I can remember what I wrote now. :-(

Oh, yes... How's Micah?
I got back here this morning (after sleeping in that comfortable bed I might add!) to find Micah not much better. He told me it as a good thing I didn't stay because I wouldn't have gotten any sleep. Micah had another 102 temp after I left last night and the nurses packed him in ice and were in all night long checking on him. I reminded him I wouldn't have gotten any sleep in that chair if I had stayed anyway. The nurses coming in all the time would have helped pass the time and given me some company while Micah slept. I am glad I got to sleep in a bed again.

Well, the update for this morning is that the doctors are now leaning toward a couple of abscesses on the liver or bile duct. They have scheduled another biopsy to happen any time now and another test tomorrow so he's not suppose to eat or drink after midnight. Poor Micah... he is so sick of being poked, stuck with needles, examined, awakened... He is tired of all this! So, we won't be going home today or tomorrow now... :-( I am not even going to try and guess now!

I can see why Micah is feeling like he doesn't want to give any more reports... Some things never change and the things that look good can change by the the next blog report!
Well, Lord willing, hopefully this biopsy will come back with some more good news again... I want to hear that the liver is doing fine still.

They have come to take Micah now. He is sure discouraged. He wants to get everything back to normal so bad. He really wants to get back to work! He was looking forward to stopping in there today and looking at some equipment that had arrived and help Denny with it. Denny and everyone there have been so nice to him and so patient and he wants to get back there so badly... almost as much as I want to go home or maybe I should say more than I want to get home... NO... IT'S A TIE! We just want to get going.

I can't remember what else I had written on that message I lost. I guess I have learned my lesson now and I will follow Micah's directions more closely. Alright, Jim (my brother)... I can hear you saying, "ya, right... Becky listen!? she never listens to me either!! (Jim... my head is bobbing! :-) But in my defense... I just wanted to keep typing and stay busy while Micah was out of the room having this biopsy.

One of Micah's doctors was just in. He was just coming to check on Micah, but since Micah wasn't here he would come back. He did answer a few questions for me that I had about this mornings liver numbers. He said the numbers are still looking good. They have just got to find this infection. He feels like it is still because Micah has no immune system and is picking up things. That seems contrary to other doctors who say with all the antibiotics he gets he is protected... but maybe that is only from some bugs. We have been careful though, so they think it is something infected inside, like an abscess. We will still have to wait and see.

I will keep you posted... when I know something.
Later...
I am praying for you too!
Becky








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky for updating us...when you are our age (over 50) it takes a while for us to figure out how to use a computer and the internet. We grew up with the manual typewriter, then the electric typewriter and now the computer. I bet we know how to use a manual typewriter better than today's computer whizzes!

Anonymous said...

May they who love you [the Lord] be like the sun when it rises in its strength.
Judges 5:31

Anonymous said...

I hope you got a good night's sleep. You do need to take care of yourself...physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally. Praying for you and for your son...today, and the days ahead. I seem to remember Doug calling Micah "Micah, my son" or something to that effect. Have a wonderful Mother's Day as you spend the day with Micah.