Thursday, May 25, 2006

Strange place to be at...

I am once again standing on the edge of a miracle. Unfortunately it will play out in God’s time and not mine.

There is a song by Sara Groves called Painting Pictures of Egypt - Conversations CD The song is talking about the Israelites wandering in the desert and wanting to go back to Egypt instead of trusting God. The last line in the song really hits home: “If it comes too quick, I may not recognize it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand. If it comes to quick, I may not appreciate it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand.”

The doctors are learning more and more about what is wrong with me. Recent tests have shown that my Hepatic Artery has stop flowing (died). The Hepatic artery is the major blood line to the liver, and the bile ducts need a lot of blood and oxygen to work right. There is a portal vein that is suppling the liver with blood but it isn’t enough. So the bile ducts are breaking down and forming holes which these infections are coming from now. And the infection is causing fevers and me to come back into the hospital.

They say that the infection can be treated with antibiotics to band-aide the problem, but to fix solve the problem I need a new liver again. So that means we are starting the paperwork to be re-listed for another Liver transplant. I don’t know why my body hates liver so much. :-p

So now I am waiting at the same place I was 5 months ago on the edge of a miracle. At the beginning of the year my prayer for a miracle was that God would heal my bad/broken liver or open the door for a transplant and that the operation would be great no complications and strength to make it through. In march God choose option 2 for the miracle.

Now I still have the same prayer request: that God would heal my bad/broken liver or open the door for a transplant and that the operation would be great no complications and strength to make it through. This time around I really hope he chooses option 1. He does an Awesome job and taking things that are dead and restoring life to them. The Bible is full of miracles taking what is dead and bringing it to life. Starting on page one, He made dirt come alive.

The only way the doctors know how to make this dead artery to come to life is through a transplant. I pray that God will do what doctors can’t and bring this dead artery and dying liver back to life with full healing, and that my body will accept it (no more civil war).

Then again I remind myself: It is not about me, my needs and wants. It is all about God, Hisstory for His glory!!! Once again I get to sit back and enjoy the ride.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micah! You were SO encouraging to Dax and me last night. We thought that we were visiting to encourage you, but we had no idea how much our visit would bless us!

I keep praying for God to resurrect your artery. God, suprise us with a miracle!

We love you brother!

Anonymous said...

Micah, I will sare my liver with you. If that were possible, I would be the first in line! Love you Micah and I too am praying for a maricle!

Micah said...

Yes it is amazing how people visiting me can be encouraging to me and at the same time I can encourage them is well. God is truly amazing in how he works all thing out. Yeah God!