Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I found a new game to play...

Once again the roller-coaster keeps taking me up and down, and at the moment it doesn’t show signs of letting up. We were really hopeful last week wed, thur, fri I was doing pretty good and went into work for just a couple of hours each day. Saturday was even a pretty good day we got out went for an extra short hike (maybe 10 minutes up) in the hills. It was good it made my legs work pushing me up the hill, it felt good and fresh air.

This new game I have been playing (un-intentionally of coarse) is called “Stump the Doctor”. On TV20 we used to air a program with Doctor Harper and his wife they would take live calls from viewers asking health related questions on just about any topic. There were very few calls they ever received that “Stumped the Doctor”.

On Sunday things once again started to turn bad again. No energy, not feeling quite right and then about 8:00pm started developing fevers again. So once again I try really hard to convince my mom I am find, God will fix it, I don’t need to go to the hospital it is only 100.6, it will go down. And it did 99.9, then it went back up and by about 11:30 I hit 101.8 so she called the transplant coordinator who called the doctor (round 1 of Stump the Doctor) they didn’t know what to do exactly, answer just watch him if he gets chills and shakes bring him in, otherwise take Tylenol and hope it passes. I made it through the night without going into the hospital. Thank you Lord!!!

Monday, they rescheduled my tuesday test for the morning to look and see if I still have a nasty infection or if the drain caused something new. So I went back to radiology and angiogram and they pulled the drain I had and put a new one in its spot. Even with anesthesia that still isn’t comfortable or fun. But thankfully another day I didn’t have to be checked back into the hospital. My system was still up and down I woke up during the night with another fever, then it seemed to pass but by morning I woke up I woke up with more chills and generally not feeling right, and slept most of the morning away. But today was the day that doctors should be able to answer our questions. Today we are scheduled for clinic. But don’t forget we are playing stump the doctor.

So the clinic appointment arrived and we got to talk to the doctors, I think they are getting tired of me. Since they have been dealing with me almost daily for the last 2 + months. The doctor comes in says how my liver blood-work is looking really good, my white blood count is even low right were they want it. I tell them what my temp has been doing and they go “Oooh“. I ask some questions about the drain in my liver how I am understanding it and the doctor comes back with ”Those are some really good questions“ he doesn’t say specifically ”I don’t know” just like you never want to here a surgeon say oops, auttoo. The good news is he was able to answer several questions I had. The others we are just going to get to wait and see what happens. But the good part another day I haven’t been re-admitted. Thank you Lord!

The plan is now that I get to go in tomorrow for yet another CT scan to check my liver and see if I can give them any new info that can shed light on my infection, fever, fatigue I have been fighting and weekly hospital visits. So here we wait another day I haven’t gone back in yet, but there is always the possibility tomorrow after the test depending on what it shows they might check me in.

Probably the best news I got today from clinic was that I now only have to get blood tested on monday and thursday. I can sleep in wednesday and friday now!

So on the next round of stump the doctor who will win? Micah or Doctors?

The part that brings me peace through this whole thing is I haven’t stumped God yet, he is still in-control and he knows the plans he has for me. My faith is not in stumped doctors, but in the one who created my liver. Yeah Jesus!!! God is so AWESOME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you...keep us posted on where you are on your roller coaster ride. Hopefully you will soon reach the end of the ride where you can get off and hop on a new ride, one that isn't so wild, that doesn't take your breath away...at this point a kiddie ride sound wonderful doesn't it! Praying for you, today, that the great physician will touch you and bring complete healing to your body.