Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday May 12


Micah is still not up to writing...
So it's me... Becky (mom) again.

I know you would rather hear from Micah... but some news is better than no news!

When I got here this morning I had some not so good news. Micah is looking worse that ever. He is in a lot of pain right now and he is hooked up to oxygen and grumpier than ever. Micah is sure this drain tube was put in the wrong place and is in his lung instead of the liver! He is having more pain in the lung area and it's hard for him to breathe... that's the reason for the oxygen now. I am afraid it's pneumonia now. :-( Good grief... I sure hope not! Doctors will be in soon, so I will be asking about that!!

God must see that my faith still needs stretching... so WE will get through this!! " I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!! " I will keep hanging on to MY ROCK while those rough waves keep crashing in all around me!!

Can you picture this??
I have this picture of a big storm happening all around Micah and I. We are out in this big rough ocean, called LDS Hospital. Micah is in the center of the storm with his life jacket on - that's JESUS! But the waves are covering him and he is getting all wet... and he is being blown all over the place (from one test to another) and there are sharks out here! They are swimming circles around Micah and every once in a while they come in to bite him and it hurts!! I am watching him from my ROCK, trying to reach out to him and help him, but the waves are too big. I want to pull him to the ROCK that I am desparently hanging on to, but, I can't quite reach him. (He's on his rubber raft called a bed and I am sitting on my little rock/chair, in the corner of the room... just far enough that I can't reach him.) I have to keep reminding myself he's wearing his lifejacket ! JESUS is with him. :-)

Did I tell you that I really enjoy a good storm, with thunder and lightning, but I don't like getting wet! :-) Camp had some great storms!! I use to love to sit outside at Camp Utaba and hear the thunder and watch the lightning. But this storm is not as cool! I want to hear some THUNDER and see some LIGHTNING!! (The awesome power of God!! The Lightning is the healing hand of God!! I just want one bolt to touch Micah and shoot through his body or electrify him!!) Ooooo, I like that picture.

The doctors were in!!
They swam in quickly and took their bite and have now left us.
Their bite didn't hurt as bad this time. They say Micah is looking good!! Maybe they have special powers and can see things I can't!
But the good news was that this drain they put in HURTS. No he doesn't have something else going on. This next test is like one Micah has been through before, and they are not expecting anything to show up. So really they are just going to keep an eye on him (sharks swimming around him and taking his blood for more blood tests)... but we will be here through the weekend! :-( Bummer!!!!

Ok... that is the update.
Please keep praying we will get through this storm and see some lightning soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From one disaster after another He delivers you;
no matter what the calamity, the evil can't touch you.
Job 5:19