Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Another Day spent at the hospital

I got a call from the transplant coordinator this morning saying that my magnesium level on yesterdays labs when unnoticed yesterday being really low and they wanted me to come into the infusion lab today to get another IV treatment. Oh lucky me another IV hole :-) In a way I wish I could have an almost permenent PICC line in so I don’t have to keep getting poked that was the nice thing about my second stay in the hospital. But in reality I don’t want it because of all the extra health problems with it, and that each time they pull the IV line it is the hope that I won’t need another one for a while because I am getting better. If God wanted us to be hooked up to machines he would have made us with plugs.

So now I get to spend another day hanging out with nurses at the hospital, the view is different this time. I don’t have my own private room again, so much for passing the time watching movies with my mom :-( but I do have my computer so I won’t be bored. My mom had some errands that she wanted to get done today so I told her to go to them while I wait for the magnesium to flow into me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment in your life...at least it sounds like you're feeling somewhat better...