Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Good News/Bad News

Well, I have good news and bad news...

The good news is that Micah's water broke this morning and he lost 2 liters from his bulging belly that is not longer bulging! Does that mean he had a miscarriage? Good thing we didn't go out and buy him a whole new wardrobe when he was weighing in at 250 pounds. And it's a good thing we didn't go shopping last week either when his pants were too tight around the middle... Because today he's closer to fitting into his old pants again!

The bad news is he is back in the hospital with a 102 temperature. On the positive note... his liver is doing very good! YEA!!! Bad news is that he doesn't have the energy to type on his Blogspot. His fever is zapping his strength right now, but he still has a sense of humor. I am glad he is back to his old congenial self. He was far from congenial this morning at 1:00 a.m. when I woke him up to take some pills he hadn't taken yet. At that point we found he had a temperature of 100.9. Despite Micah's "ON STRIKE" attitude... the "on call" nurse said the doctor wants him to come on in. Micah was not happy about that decision and showed the other side of his sweet self. He tells me it was because of the "early" hour and that he was having trouble waking up. If you want to believe him, then you have made a good choice. Micah is not a morning person... Never has been and I would think I was safe to say, never will be! You just have to overlook that angry side of him for a little while in the mornings and keep reminding yourself: "He'll snap out of it soon after he wakes up and remember you love him."

I have to admit I wasn't that thrilled with having to take him back into the hospital AGAIN!? All I could think about was that chair I would be trying to sleep in for the next 6 hours again in the Emergency Room. Oh Joy! I was trying not to think about the bed I as giving up for my son. "I love my son!! I could do this again!!" I must be getting weak though, I ended up giving up that chair for a couple hours of sleep in the bed back at the apartment about 4:00 am! I hadn't done that on the other 2 visits to the ER! I'm getting weak! :-( On the drive back to the apartment all I could think about was some of the challenges the contestants on "Survivor" have to endure and how some of those weak players give up very quickly when tempted with an item like food... and others will continue to to take the discomfort of the challenge to win immunity. I gave up the pain of the chair for the comfort of sleep in a bed! I'm getting weak! Does two out of three make a difference?

This stay in the hospital will also be different because I won't be able to stay in Micah's room with him! This is a very small room this time and the only way I can stay is if I continue to sit on this chair all night. Unfortunately this chair is a lot like the one in ER and my bottom is still suffering from last night. No thank you... I am abandoning my son again for a bed! What a loving mother I am!! :-(

I have been told by many that I need to take care of myself, so maybe this will count as a luxury item that I am doing for myself! For all of you who support my choice... Thank you!! I am leaving now!

Good Night!
Becky (Mom... not friend)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when I think Micah is turning a corner I find out he's back in the hospital...my prayers are with you. And I agree with your friends, you need to take care of yourself IN ORDER to be there for Micah. As hard as it is to leave Micah at the hospital a good night's sleep in a BED is a must, or you are going to end up in your own hospital bed...and he will be at his apartment visiting you in the hospital. Anxious to hear from you again to see how the two of you did last night...until then, take care.

preyingjaws said...

Micah & Becky are heros!!!
keep up the good fight.

we do miss you bunches.


I posted a steele sampler eariler on flickr in prep for the show this weekend. Sorry to hear Micah may not be joining me for a shoot out.

Later
B

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see how things are going....