Friday, May 05, 2006

Once again called back...

Yesterday morning (Friday) I got blood work done again, my normal mon, wed, fri, visits to the lab. And once again my magnesium levels are very low so I got a call from the transplant coordinator saying I need to come back in for another infusion. So I got to spend another afternoon waiting for liquid magnesium to drip into my arm. I was getting ready to go into work for a few hours, but the hospital has a way of trumping/changing my plans. In many was I am getting back to normal I can now lay on either side when I sleep. Which is nice to give my back a break from the pressure. Almost all of the extra water weight is now gone. I am now down to 195 lbs. I just have an extra belly bulge that I would like to have go down. I guess that means I need to do more exercise. I have lost a lot of muscle not doing anything for the last two months. It really is surprising how quickly if you don’t use it you loose it. I now really understand why some recovering patients have such a hard time getting going after a surgery. There is a certain level of mind over body that is needed to push one going again. Cause the body says its hard I don’t want to but it is very very necessary to be doing something.Today I am wanting to push myself to try to get a walk in outside. I don’t know if that will really happen or not but I am going to try. I’ll have to post an update later to see if I was successful or not.

No comments: