Saturday, May 13, 2006

"I think I see a rainbow!! YES! It's getting bigger! I think the storm is passing!! The wind and waves aren't blowing as hard! The sharks are swimming away!" Micah isn't walking on water yet, but there are sounds of snoring coming from the air mattress he is floating on! I am still clinging to my ROCK but am SINGING NOW!
(If you don't know what I am talking about... read yesterday's update again. :-)

Today's Doctor's Report:
Things are looking better... finally!
Liver is still looking good.
A drug number was a little high so they will cut back on it.
Pregnizone is going to be cut some now!
and we know what the infection is now!

It's two infections going on. One in the intestines and another infection is on the liver & in the blood. The two abscess was were the infection was "pooling." They have put him on some different antibiotics now and he will still have the drain in the abscess until nothing drains out it any longer.

More good news is that because they were having such a difficult time trying to get another IV into his arm, THEY HAVE GIVEN UP TRYING!! (The last attempt put the needle straight through the vein! OUCH!! It's always a little funny (if it wasn't at the expense of my son!) that when the nurses come in to put the IV in. They are sooo sure they can do it with no problem. "I have put in hundreds before, they say." We warn them that he isn't easy... They start... Then they go fishing... OUCH! And when something goes wrong, they quickly pull out, pack up and leave as Micah kindly says, "I told you so!" They were deciding whether to put another PIC line into his neck the last we had heard and now we were told the doctor said, "Just give him medication by mouth." PRAISE THE LORD!! (Poor Micah!! His poor arms look so beat up!) I'm just so glad they finally found the infection. The doctor said he probably picked it up here in the hospital. Micah and I think it's just the same infection they were looking for last week and it had finally "pooled" making the abscess. So hopefully he is back on that road of recovery! The doctor wouldn't project how much longer we would have to stay, or how long the drain would have to stay in,,, just until the drain has nothing draining into it. That is what I am praying for now!!

Micah is saying that by my always projecting a date to go home that I am jinxing it. So, I guess I better not even mention the word home! So don't ask me any more when I am coming home... OK? Just know that it is not far away from my thoughts and in my prayers every day! I am trying to be patient and rest in the fact that it is "IN HIS TIME."

Becky,
Signing off for now
from my little rock in the corner of Micah's room where the storm is chaning again.

2 comments:

preyingjaws said...

Hey Micah,
sorry you were not able to join us. Here's a sample of my images from tonight. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Steele May 13

Later
B

Anonymous said...

Becky.....if everyone had a mom like you....the world would be a very different place.....Happy Mothers Day!
Peace and Grace