Monday, December 11, 2006

Nothing new to report


Well we made it through another weekend and I am not back in the hospital, because some stupid bug growing in me caused problems. Thank You Lord! But we haven’t reached the 1 week mark yet. There is still always the fact that something can change overnight. Or get called in saying a liver is ready.

Spent a lot of time the last view days getting our Christmas card printed and a few christmas presents ready to be sent out. This year my mom and I took a picture together in the hospital, I love digital photography. On my computer I was able to set it up and crop it just how I wanted it printed and had it in the right format to take it to Inkleys who was able to print it in a few hours. None of this wait 2-4 weeks for processing. We hope to have them addressed and ready to be sent by the end of the week. But that is probably wishful thinking.

We also had a TV show “24 Season 5” marathon. We watched all 24 episodes in 4 days. I can’t say we were totally glued to the TV that long I was doing a few other tasks like sleeping, eating, knitting, snacking, playing on the computer, grazing. The nice thing is between the 45 minute episodes, I had to get up and go to the bathroom and since I was up do a few laps around the apartment to keep the blood flowing and stretch and my reward was I could come sit back down and watch another episode because they all end leaving you hanging waiting for the next one, next week. But with them all on dvd you just have to hit play again for the next one, no weeks, or commercial interruptions :-)

So in the mean time we try to enjoy my freedom from the hospital bed. And wait for God to say jump!

No comments: