Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas lights

I have always liked looking at christmas lights. So one of my favorite things in the winter is to drive around and find houses that people go overboard lighting. In Portland, there was a street “Peacock Lane” where every house decorated I think some houses even competed with each other to have more lights, some house did just enough to get by. It was a fun memory I had with my Dad, and Mom. Ooh, Aww, Wow, Cool. It is the same sort of thing as fireworks.

So when we went out, I had my mom drive to Thanksgiving Point. I haven’t ridden in a car that far for quite a while. I was very tired by the time we got back but it was something different so that was good!

Thanksgiving Point Holiday lights let you drive through, it costs 7 dollars per car. Which some may say is not worth it but for me in my present condition. It was fun and I got to take pictures (more fun for me). Unfortunately a bunch of them didn’t turn out. I am still learning new ways to take pictures on with different settings.

Here are some of the ones that have turned out ok.








I wish I could have taken more time setup on a tripod with my cable release so that the slightest camera shake wouldn't make streaks with the lights. But oh well, it just proves that the laws of photography still apply to digital cameras to. "Out of a roll of 24 picts to have 3 or 4 pictures turn out that is a good shoot." So for me, out of 27 pictures I took too have 7 turn out is a great photo shoot. I have to remind myself that not every picture I take can be a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Micah,
I enjoyed seeing your photos of the Christmas Lights. They are great, even though they didn't turn out perfect. I'm sure that that outing cheered you up and made good memories and refreshed some of your old memories of previous good times with family.
Love Aunt Ranette