Monday, December 11, 2006

Missing people


It is an interesting place to be at in life. When I was in the hospital there are always coming by to “check on you” nurses, doctors, aids, staff. And with each time you have a chance to smile at them and say a few things here and there that add up to them seeing something different in me as a patient compared to others they may have visited moments before. Nurses often made the comment I am one of the sicker patients they have right now but in my room the lights are on windows open, they can see a smile (sorta if I haven’t just woken up) and others who could or would be better then me are in these dark rooms, and they are grumpy, bossy, angry, not very pleasant at all let alone try to spend any time with.

Little did I ever think that the hospital would be my mission field this year. At home I don’t have the same influence, God doesn’t have a line of strangers nocking at my door that I can share Jesus love with. But I can rest and recuperate here that I can’t get in the hospital.

So how can I be mad and upset that my “new” liver failed or that waiting for the next transplant is taking to long. God is taking care of me and using me for His purpose and His glory! Is there any were else I would rather be? No!

Philippians 4:19
“19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey why are you still up... i'm at work too... two am... we had a false alarm (fire) and now i have to stay here till the repair man can reset the alarm... fun fun fun... glad you are home but shouldn't you be getting rest and sleeping now JC

Anonymous said...

Hey there so glad to hear your still at home. I wanted to let you know even though you personally are not telling others of God, your story and your bloggs are everyday. I have a friend who is searching to find God in her heart and I spoke to her today and you came to mind, and I told her about you and how you can be in pain or tiered or all the other fun things that come with being sick but every word you say is of god to god and for god. I beleive it really got her thinking. she has actually met you when we went to The rock she remembered you right away Her name is Kathy I don't know if you remember her or not. You make a differance in peoples lives and don't even know it. Hang in there have fun at home and i will keep praying for you. Love in Christ Eleisha