Sunday, December 24, 2006

"The Nativity" movie

This year I haven't had the strength to get out. My mom has been out and about making several trips to the store. Coming back reporting how crazy it is out there and cold. So in my weak state where I have problems just walking around the apartment. I have been glad to miss a lot of the holiday hussull-and-bussull. I consider this year to be the year of quarantine, I don’t want to catch the bugs that are going around right now, so I can be eligible for transplant they won’t transplant me if I get the flu. We have been really careful who comes around or where I go, and then give it all up to God because he is the only one really able to control any part of my health and surgery.

But one thing my mom and I got to do today was find enough strength to go to the theater and see the "The Nativity" movie. They did a really good job on the movie. I highly recommend it. It always concerns me when “hollywood” tells a story how they have to add, or change the movie to to fit there view. But one thing they did a good job on accurately retelling the Biblical account, and the parts that were added didn’t change the story but were in the relm of possibilty, they kept with the history and culture of the time. The only thing I feel that could have been done a little better
Luke 2:8-15
“8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields near by, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
11 Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests.”
15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.””

They didn’t fill the sky with the heavenly host singing Glory to God!. I guess I will have to wait till I get to heaven to hear the heavenly host singing Glory to God! And it will be better than anything man can make up or digitally manipulate.

For me and my mom It was good to get out and it wasn’t like a waste of time, either. I have been wanting to make it to either Church saturday night or a Christmas eve service but it hasn’t happened. So like some start up churches that meet in a movie theater for service, we went to a theater on Christmas eve and heard and saw the Christmas message.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For unto us this day in Bethlaham a Child is born and shall be called Jesus!! Let us all rejoice and be glad we have someone more loving than any one on this earth could ever be. We are never alone. I am so happy that you got out to do something seasonal and that you did not catch one of these crazy bugs going around. I love your christmas card. I wish you and your family the very best with the comming year. May God give you the streagth to over come this finally and move on. God bless you both and keep you healthy.
Love in Christ Eleisha