Friday, August 04, 2006

Bloom where you are planted

We are still waiting. There is no new news about a liver coming sometime soon. We continue to wait.

I was thinking about it the other day the saying “Bloom where you are planted”. I keep saying I don’t like where I am at in life on this constant roller-coaster ride of feeling good one minute and terrible the next. I want to be doing other things going other places having the energy to hang out with my friends, playing in the hills, going camping, etc. But then I took a step back to look at the situation from a view other then “My little world”. It started me thinking even though I didn’t choose to be in this place of life, God did. What amazes me is how many people have come up to me in different places saying that they are praying for me. Some people I don’t even know others are friends from years past that I have lost contact with. (Thank you all for your prayers, we are on the edge of a great miracle.) This is definitely bigger then anything I/we can imagine. It is a total God thing!

So if I was healthy, and doing all the things that I would want to do, would I be blooming? Would I be effecting as many people? Would I get caught up in my own little world and tune out the rest of the world. Would I post things on the internet? Probably not. Would I have a story to tell? Definitely not the one I am able to tell now.

So even though it isn’t this hasn’t been my most favorite year, God has me in this place for a reason. My hope and prayer is that I can bloom in such a way that brings God glory. And that I can serve Him, and be an encouragement to those around me, even when I don’t know who all is watching. If the Miracle comes to fast, we may not recognize it, if it comes to quick we may not appreciated it. Is that the reason for all this waiting?

I also got to thinking last night, we haven’t really begun to wait. Abraham waited 10 years for his promised son. The Israelites waited 40 years in the desert for a generation to die before entering the promised land. Jonah waited 3 day in the belly of a fish. I can be thankful I am not there. Christians have waited almost 2000 years for Christ return. So my 5 months really can’t compare. I pray and hope that I don’t have to wait that long. But I know that God will not give me more then I can handle and It brings me great comfort that in our weakness He is strong.
(2 Corinthians 12:10)
10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

(Ephesians 6:12)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your insight continues to amaze me. You always come around to the best way to look at things even when you are having a hard time. You are right you have inspired many people and uplifted many people with you streagth and great love for the Lord. You have done so much for God even while being weak. You are a true inspiration to all christains. may God continue to bless you and give you streghth through this time of waiting.
Love ya Eleisha