Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yeah!

I made it into work again today. At least before tonight’s live program started, Shawn McCraney Heart of the Matter tuesdays 8:00-9:00PM then re-airs tuesday 11:00AM, www.bornagainmormon.com. I got to work about 7pm, so I should rephrase my I went into work tonight. This morning I was at home trying to find or conserve as much energy as I could. Tonight’s program went pretty good. Denny directed and I ran audio and graphics in the control room. It was a lot of fun working with Denny again. Anton has been directing most of the programs, which allows Denny to do other things, but since his school schedule has changed and he started back to school, he is not available tuesday nights.

I have gotten out of practice on the technical rhythm, each program and on air talent has their own rythm. It is easy to get out of sync and things don’t go as planned. Viewers say they don’t see the problems and everything looks fine to them. But I know what I want it to look like and it bugs me when I can’t make it how I wanted. But working at the TV station just re-affirms that God doesn’t call the qualified but qualifies the called. He gives us gifts and talents that we can use for His glory, or ours. I guess the bugs are their to keep me humble and show me that God is the one who is in control. It has often amazed me and everyone else behind the scenes how God is using the station and programs to touch peoples lives in a very powerful way. Denny says I can’t get another transplant because the show has gotten so popular and I am needed there so I can only get it if I will be back to work on tuesday night. Depending on God’s timing I might tell the nurse I am going for a walk I will be back in 2-3 hours :-) and show up at the station in a hospital gown. I guess that would only work if I don’t have a dancing buddy attached to me (the ever so lovely IV pump).

It is interesting that Shawn’s 1st program was the same day I got the first transplant. The weekend before I was helping to build the set and computer graphics and promos. Then wham “your outa there Micah“ God has different plans for you. It is just another case and point were I can’t take any real credit for the success of the program. It is all about God and it is His-story. I can just enjoy the privilege of being a part of it sometimes. Thank You LORD!

<>< ‘One life at a time, one world in our lifetime.’ <><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you were able to get out and work for a while. I know that it is things like that that make your day worth while. you sound more posative in this blogg that is good. I hope that you can continue to have the energy and spirit to work every once in a while. I know it helps break up the repedative cycle of evryday life. hang in there and God bless you. Love ya Eleisha

Anonymous said...

So happy to see your blogs again. You are such an inspiration! God Bless You.