Thursday, August 17, 2006

More Fevers and stuff

I don’t really have anything new to say. The roller-coaster ride continues, I go up and I go down. The liver drains that they changed last tuesday and then checked again last thursday, still barely drain anything out of my gut. So I don’t know exactly what it means, they are going to check them again today. The initial thought was they would eventually dry up and then could be pulled. So if that is the case maybe one can come out. But then I have been fighting more fevers again, which usually come because there is infected junk in me that needs to be killed or disposed of. My mon/thurs blood test show tBILI level continues to rise, and so I am becoming more and more yellow. The other disappointment is the “spiders/ants” in my skin are back so I want to scratch my skin everywhere like I did prior to the last transplant.

I am getting very tired of this waiting game, but knowing that God is still on His thrown, and that he has everything under control and all things work together for His glory. I am just one small piece of His story, because ultimately it is not about me. Remembering this gives me strength to sit tight and have patience, waiting for God’s perfect time.

UPDATE:
Went back to angio this morning and they changed both drains. In the past every-time they go play with these tubes, it causes a lot of pain. When the doctor came in getting prepped, he asked if I wanted the lydocain (Local anesthetic). My initial response is oh yeah numb me up good I don’t want to feel it. We talked about it more and the Lydocain stings and burns a lot. Once a track has been established it isn’t as painful changing the tube, since the liver doesn’t have any nerve endings in it. So the doctor talked me into trying the procedure without the numbing it first. He was right! Getting the lydocain is the worst part. There is not much pain at all changing the tubes, just weird pressure sensations that even if you do get numbed up you still feel.

The good news is that the pockets/absess are getting smaller, so they say I should be expect the drains to have less fluid come out. So we shall see what happens next in my saga of liver issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is Great and he has granted us all beutiful life. With it's ups and downs we all choose how to deal with these bumps and how to manuver through the strange twists and turns on the road. We can do it with the love of God in our lives or without, we can move on when bad things happen or sit still and feel bad for our selves, we can look at all that is bad in life and choose to be bitter or we can see the good side of this life and choose to focus on that instead. We all have choices in life and it is a wonderful thing when we choose to choose God over everything, look at the good, vs, the bad and live every day like it is the most precious thing given to us, because it is. You have chosen to live your life this way and you are a amazing example to all of us and I thank you for all of your inspiration and insight.