Monday, July 31, 2006

Driving Game

So yesterday (sunday) my mom and I wanted to get out of the house and go someplace, but neither one had any idea of where to go. That is late in the day after my many naps and battles with seizing stomach cramps and fighting with drains and redressing them. So since we had no set destination on where, I told my mom “Second star on the left and straight on till morning” but she didn’t know how to get there. I also told her I will close my eyes for a while she drives someplace, to try to get us lost and when she is super lost have me see how long it takes to find my way home. My mom has issues with the whole N-W-S-E, she gets mixed up which side of State street she is on. “I want to get to 700 e, I am at 600 w and the numbers are getting smaller, I need to turn or do I turn around? I am lost”

Finally I had the bright idea since I had some loose change in my car we flip a coin to see which direction we should go whenever we hit a red light or the road ends in a T (or dead end). Heads turn right, tails turn left, and if I drop the coin go straight. It would be easy to think that playing a game like this could make us just go around in circles. It almost did we started out heading west then south for a ways and then north, then west(under I-15), then north through Rose Park area. By this point I lost the 4 pennies I had under my seat, and I finally thought of a place we coul go watch the sunset. (Bountiful Blvd). And since we were in the area I showed her a really cool park/Trail (Mueller Park) where before transplant I have enjoyed riding my bike. Hopefully one of those days I will be back on it again with strength to ride all the way up to elephant rock and beyond.

So that is where the following pictures were taken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Micah! Shouldn't you be sleeping at 1am?
Those were incredible pictures, what a treat!
Did they figure out what was wrong with your gut? I hope so.
By the way, rhinos can't see well but they have an incredible sense of smell, don't be standing where he can smell you, I have learned this by experience! So God always gives us strengths, and the tools we need, even if it's different tools than what we think we need!
Hang in there,
Margy

Anonymous said...

Hey Micah, it's Rachel Hahn from church. I just wanted to know that I'm glad I found your blogs, and you are so encouraging, and I'm praying for you buddy!

Anonymous said...

qyitcMicah, so that was Becky, I thought I was the only one out that late :) I love you and mom so much. I pray daily for your health and happiness. We need you here, so please keep up the good fight! I want to come see you, soon! I will call and we can chat. Maybe I can even introduce you and mom to my son, Micahel. He turns six in three weeks.I lvoe you guys! April Hewes

Anonymous said...

Remember these good times, they will cary you through the hard times. Gods gifts are all around us, many people spend their whole lives without noticing them. The fact that you do is going to do you wonders. Nature is very theraputic. Use your love for it to help you heal. Get out when you can, and when you can not use you wonderful ficts to remind you of the wonderous things around you. May God bless you and give you stregth. Love you Eleisha