Sunday, August 06, 2006

Pretty Good Days

It seams as though every day I have good parts and bad parts. My body has real issues with my stomach and intestines. It seams like I am always running to the bathroom to fix my gut, especially in the morning (4 or 5 times). After my gut decides it doesn’t hate me and I have gone back to sleep 2 or 3 times I find I am ready to face the day (about 1pm or 2pm).

Thursday and Friday I was able to go into work for a few hours. I like that it gives me something to think about other then trying to get through the next 5 minutes. I have several projects that I have been working on there. The station has 4 telephone lines that we take calls on. On a couple of our programs we want to put live callers on the air. The telephone we had been using only supported 3 lines, for the most part this hasn’t been much of a problem because we wouldn’t have a super high call volume. Our new program “Heart of the Matter” with Shawn McCraney, has been different. It is live tuesday nights 8:00-9:00 on Channel 20. He gets on average about 14-16 calls on air, and we screen upwards of 20+. Most of the hour all 4 lines have viewers on hold. Which means others callers go to voicemail or get a busy signal. So the problem has been figuring a way “cheaply” to get our 4th line on the air. I found a 20$ box at radio shack but the quality wasn’t as good and when Shawn would talk he would be super loud and when the viewer spoke they were often quieter. So Denny challenged me to figure out a way to make it better. I won’t go into the details here but I am hoping this tuesday it will work better.

Another project I have been working on is a setting up a new automation system. To replace the one we currently use. It has been a lot more of a challenge then initially planned. Cables don’t match right, things don’t talk to each other like they are suppose to. Learning a new GUI, etc.

Then their is always the task of editing new promo spots or 10 second station IDs. It is amazing how much work goes into 30 seconds of video, and how quickly viewers (and myself) can get bored seeing it air all the time. I have taken several of the pictures I have taken and turned them into station ID’s. It is fun to see my pictures on TV :-)

Saturday started out as a recovery day. I slept, and ate and slept, and slept. I finally got going about 5:30 and headed for church. They were one camera operator short, so I stepped up and ran camera, it has been more then 8 months since I ran camera at church. It was fun, and felt good to be serving again. I was glad my energy held and I didn’t have to leave early. I was very tired by the end of the night. But God is good!

So like always, the roller-coaster continues I have my high points and low points. And now it is back to bed...

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm glad you've been able to get out more. The ups and downs you've been having are incredible and I can't imagine how hard it is to stay focused in a positive outlook. Your thoughts continue to amaze and encourage me, Micah! We're praying for another liver to match just right, soon, with better results this time. God bless!!

Weston Krogstadt said...

Check out shawns blog at shawnmccraney.blogspot.com