Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Car fun...

Tuesday we made it to work again to help out with the program Heart of the Matter. I really like being able to go work at the TV station and give my mind different brain benders, to try to figure out. When it was time for my evening pills to be taken with food my mom who spends most of the day sitting reading her book decided to go to subway and get sandwiches. It is very helpful cause we can keep working and food shows up like delivery. Later, right before we were going on live I was going to go get something out of the car. I asked my mom where are the keys, she reached in her pocket, nothing, looked in her purse, nothing. Horror across her face, as she said I don’t know they might be in the car. We went out and looked and sure enough they were left right in plain sight on the passenger seat. And on the floor was my camera bag where I keep my spare set. I smiled and thought ok I guess I won’t be getting in there before the program. My mom had that terrible feeling all night, what are we going to do... Me on the other hand didn’t think much about it we have a program to put on we'll have to deal with it later. For the first half I was manning a camera and my mom was going to run the telephone prompter but she couldn’t figure out what she was suppose to do and there was a big mixup on the phone which caller was on which line, she was handed a stack of phone calls but the phone screeners didn’t put the right line number with the caller’s name. So the first few callers had the wrong name mentioned on air. Denny and Anton were getting frustrated. So I went back to help straighten things out. After the program was over I wanted to try wire or a coat hanger on the car. I have power locks so I knew that if I could just hit the button the car would open itself. Other observers were saying no don’t do that, we’ll call AAA they will be here in 30-40 minutes. (My thought, they don’t have a key to my car either so they will probably attempt the same thing I am doing) I pressed on and 2 other guys came out to help also. And sure enough when the hanger hit the button the car unlocked and we were able to get the keys and be able to go home, after I cleaned up my mess that is. Thank you Lord!

No comments: