Friday, July 07, 2006

New Prayer request

I have gotten the word today from the Hospital that they have re-evaluated my meld score for another liver transplant. They have granted me a few bonus points so that I can be higher on the transplant list. I don’t know what my new calculated meld score is but now I am 3rd on the A blood-type list. Which basically means I will be considered sooner if a liver comes available. But if it is the wrong size or something else it will go to the “Best” match. It doesn’t mean that I will be the third person to be transplanted. I was fifth on the list in march when I got transplanted and when I was first listed in november I was number 1. So ultimately the number doesn’t matter, it is in God’s hands when I go under the knife.

Prayer request 1:
Somebody, somewhere is going to meet their maker and they probably don’t know that there time is up. My prayer is that they have already found Christ as their personal Lord and savior, and when I am going to be walking around here on earth praising God, I hope they will be walking in Heaven praising God.

Prayer request 2:
I also want to pray for the Family of the person who is about to loose someone they love. It is a strange place to be again. Someone has to die so I can live. Just like Christ died for me so I can have eternal life.
There is a big part of me who would like it if no one else had to die for me, or I die and my parts/organs could be used for someone else to live. And I could spend my days walking streets of gold praising God, in no more pain or suffering with a fully functioning food processor. :-)

Prayer Request 3:
The doctors as the liver comes available will have the wisdom and discernment, when evaluating the organ. I know I can have faith that God has the perfect liver picked out for me.

Prayer Request 4:
The first transplant operation worked so well I hope and pray that the second one can be as good if not better. No complication! Another miracle! And that my body will accept it and everything will work so I can get my strength back and can serve God in this valley at Church, at the TV station, with friends fellowshipping.

Prayer Request 5:
That God can take control of all my fears, and weakness. So he can get all the glory from what I am going through. Since it is not about me, I hope I can continue to have the faith to just hang on and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." Amy Tan you have changed your additude so much, it is not all about you, it is about how God will lead your life and were you will go from here. and it makes me proud and excited to know that you know this. I also pray for those will be affected by the death of a loved one inorder to for you to lve, but it is all in gods master plan.

A good man is not a perfect man; a good man is an honest man, faithful, and unhesitatingly responsive to the voice of God in his life. John Fischer

Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things. Henry Ward Beecher

You are an amazing person, I know times are hard sometimes, but I want you to know you have so much support. we are all praying and here to support you. you have done so great dealing with this all the drains and the physical pain you have had to endure and the emotional pain. I thank God everyday that you have him in your life, because I know without him you would not be where you are at. hang in there buddy, know you are loved so much and that God is with you now and forever. Love ya

preyingjaws said...

you are a walking testimony of strength in your weakness

you are a witness to all around you

you are not just a child of the most high...
...you follow HIM decidedly daily.

Peace