Thursday, July 06, 2006

Audience of One

It is so easy for me to get caught up in what is going on in my little world how I feel, and what I want, or need. I forget about the bigger picture that it is not about me. Being in the hospital and having nurses or doctors coming in all the time almost makes me feel like the world revolves around me. Then it hits me how selfish I have been in the center of my little world. Everything feels totally out of whack and it is easy to get worried and stressed out, but when I get out of the way and give up control, all the pressure goes away.

There is a song by Big Daddy Weave “Audience Of One” that reminds me of what it is all about.
To my audience of one, You are Father, and you are Son. As your spirit flows free, Let it find within me A heart that beats to praise you. And now just to know you more Has become my great reward To see your kingdom come And your will be done I only desire to be yours, Lord

(Ecclesiastes 12:13)
13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

It takes a lot of pressure off when I don’t try to be in the center. I just have to hang on and enjoy the ride. This too will soon pass... (I hope it happens sooner then later)


No comments: