Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Change of pace...

We have been in this lull for many days were almost every day is like the day before. Watching TV, sleeping, taking pills, sleeping. But today I had more excitement to fill my day.
I woke up with a 101 fever, we had just got that coming down and I took some drugs then proceeded to throw up (flagil is bad going down the first time it is worse when it comes back up). I felt better afterwards for a bit, and I went back to sleep.

When lunch came I had an appetite but before I could finish it xray was calling for me to get a chest x-ray. I asked for 10 minutes to finish lunch first and they agreed that that was do-able. Shortly after I left for x-ray the doctor came by and ordered an ultrasound tap to check for infection, and a CT scan. So without any warning I was off to another test. When I got to ultrasound they said they were going to poke my belly to check for infection. But less then 2 hours after my belly was upset and throwing up. I didn’t think that was something I was ready to do. They also wanted me to drink 1000mL of Rasberry Crystal-light contrast for CT. I wanted to go back to my room and bed instead of doing this in ultrasound. They said it is my right to refuse any test or procedure. So after a bit of waiting I was taken back to my room where I was able to enjoy drinking the contrast. :-(

2 1/2 hours later after drinking the contrast we were on our way back to CT for another scan and then off to ultrasound for a tap. I didn’t have as much fluid in my belly this time so they only got 3.6 liters out of me. I guess the lasix are working.

The results of the test came back all clean, no new infections. Which is a good thing. The bad thing is that I have been having a bunch of fevers and throwing up and they don’t know exactly why. My stomach doesn’t feel so good and seems to always be churning :-(

So once again I continue to wait and see what brings into my life next.

No comments: