Friday, September 01, 2006

Oh now it makes sense...

I am so happy, I had enough energy to make it some place new. I can say I did something that people do during summer vacations. Today I made it to the zoo, it has only taken me 15 years to get there. And my energy stayed up enough to walk up and down the hills. It was my moms energy that gave out by the end of the outing.

I was always surprised why when my friends and I were looking for something to do and I mentioned going to the zoo they were never interested. They said the animals at the zoo always make them sad. I could never quite figure out why. All of the zoo’s I remember going to were really neat places, they had the animals in well kept native like habitats. They also worked really hard at hiding the fences, but still keeping the animals and guests safe. I guess I got spoiled, the Portland Oregon Zoo, San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Chicago zoo. So I had my expectations and childhood memories set a little to high for Hoogle zoo. I now feel the same way that most of my friends do, it is a sad place. The animals are stuck in tiny cages almost lifeless. I was hoping to get some good pictures but all the animals that were doing something interesting the fences were across their face. Or something in the background that changed the whole image from look at the neat animal to look at the animal in a cage. So now I can say I have been there done that and be satisfied not going back for another 15 years or so. The one positive note, for being an outdoor activity/park tourist place the prices are not outrageous!







Well now it is off to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great day and enjoy the time out, it is good for you.