Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I am still here

This has been probably one of the hardest stays in the hospital that I have had. I am loosing blood somewhere in my body :-( so and the doctors don’t know exactly why and were. So they are giving me more blood and now they are planning a colonoscopy to get a closer look inside. The problem is I am having a very hard time getting trough the bowel preb. My stomach is revolting!
Yesterday (Mon) they tried to start a PICC line on me 4 attempts and all of them failed. Today they sent me to Angio to have it started with a minimal amount of contrast it only took them about 6 pokes and then they were finally successful but my arm is dead with pain...

All of the rest of my veins in my arms are bruised and having issues. They were running out of places to draw blood for labs from. Morning and night and sometimes during they day I have lost track (again) I am probably around 10-15 pokes/misses I think my averages right now have been 2.5 attempts to 1 good poke.

I am just so tired and exhausted from all of this hospital stuff. I know right now I am no longer running on any of my own energy or adrenaline it is all God and His strength right now. Just when I think I can’t take it any more and am ready to give up he comes up with another shot in the arm “You can do it Micah don’t give up just yet” This to will soon pass. Either somebody will come by and say Hi or an e-mail. I try to keep things in perspective “It is not about you it is all about God and it is for His glory that we are going through this!” This is far bigger than anything you can see right now. But in the end many will see the miracle that God is building right now. It is a weird place to be from my position to be standing/waiting for a miracle. He can still miraculously heal me from the inside, bring this second liver transplant and we fly trough it like the first one or even better, or he opens a third option that none of us saw coming but those are the best ones sometimes because we are forced to stand back and say WOW isn’t God amazing!


No comments: