Friday, June 09, 2006

Songs

I have been listening to a bunch of music lately that the lyrics have been hitting home with me. I thought I would share some of them with you.

Scott Krippayne- Sometimes He Calms The Storm

All who sail the sea of faith
Find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark
And gentle winds grow strong
Suddenly fear is like white water
Pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing
That our Lord is in control


Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child


He has a reason for each trial
That we pass through in life

And though we're shaken
We cannot be pulled apart from Christ
No matter how the driving rain beats down
On those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always
Be a quiet peaceful place


Casting Crowns - PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
And stepped in and saved the day
Once again, I say Amen, and it is still raining


As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain
I’m with you
As your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


I’ll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands

You are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I’ve cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm


I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on

If I can’t find you

I lift my eyes into the hills
Where does my help come from
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth


FFH- I'll Join the Rocks
(chorus)
I'll join the rocks with their singing
I'll join the ocean as it harmonizes with the shore
I'll clap my hands with the mountains
As all creation cries for more
I'll never stop, if I'm the last one living
Your song goes on and on and I must testify
I know that I was born to worship
So if all the singing seems to stop
I'll join the rocks


And here are some verses to go with these songs.
(Romans 8:28)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(Psalms 42:5)
5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and
(Psalms 121:1, 2)
1 A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
(Job 1:20, 21)
20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship
21 and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.”

I guess I should also give an update on my health..
Overall I have been doing a bit better. I have been hanging out this weekend a lot more with my friends and family at church. It has been so good to worship God with my brothers and sisters. Today was a good day better then Friday and Saturday (which they where also good). This morning my mom and I went to an early showing of the new Pixar movie Cars. Very good movie highly recommend it, I liked it better then all the other Pixar movies, and I really liked them too. Later we went to Worship ‘06 with Standing Together at the Sandy City Amphitheater, I think I pushed myself to my limits, between the sun, heat, walking and taking pictures I got really tired a lot faster then I was hoping for. It was fun, and I am glad I went. I just wish that my body could keep up with what my mind wants to do. So now I am quite tired and going to be going to bed soon.

Overall I have good days and bad days. Right now we are playing the waiting game. No new news about where we are at in the transplant re-listing process. I am glad that I can give it to God and trust that it will all work out for His glory in his time.

“ If it comes too quick, I may not recognize it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand. If it comes to quick, I may not appreciate it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand.” - Song - Painting Pictures of Egypt by Sara Groves – Conversations CD


No comments: