Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Full day of work

Yeah I made it through a long production day. Moving slowly of coarse. But I was able to be there and get several projects done. Monday Denny and I went to Radio Shack (very dangerous) to by 2 things one project for me, and one project for him. We left with me picking up another 2 projects and a partial fix for the project I went to get. I have been working to get ready to upgrade the automation equipment and the cables that I thought would work aren’t so I am having to build replacements but the parts I need are not letting me find them easily.

While we were their we found an inline telephone recorder basically a wiretap which we hoped to plug into our studio phone and take live callers on the air on all 4 telephone lines the TV station has. We have a three line phone designed to do it but we wanted the 4th line. Well the solution almost worked. The wiretap audio picks up the talents voice super loud and the callers audio really week. I need to see if I can have it pickup only half the conversation :-)

The third project was we needed a stereo 1/4“ Male-Female cable extender and of coarse radio shack pre-made ones are all mono great for instruments like guitar amps but bad for what we wanted. Well since it is Radio Shack you can find piece for what you need and build it yourself :-) So I made a 25 foot or so cable, that could plug into the camera intercom so the floor director/camera operator can be on set with the talent and still be communication with the control room.

So overall it was a really good day. Still have the stupid drain slowing me down :-(

No comments: