Thursday, June 01, 2006

Another day spent in the hospital

Today I had yet another test, and this time I was checked back in so they could monitor me after the procedure. It was only short stay, but I had a bed, and a room and a meal. So it was just like being back at my home away from home. I haven’t gotten to the point a while back where some will start asking the normal question what is your name, and I can answer that and the next 2 or 3 questions that they would ask before they ask.

Today’s test was an angiogram, the run a catheter up the aorta artery to hepatic artery to see if there is any blood flow through into my liver. It came back negative confirming the previous CT scan the hepatic artery is dead. My new liver is not receiving the blood that it needs to work correctly. I am a long way away from being put back to normal. The solution that the doctors have now is to start over from the beginning and go with another liver transplant.

I don’t see that as my only option, because it leaves out the most important element, God! He is in control of every thing that I have been going through and so he can have solutions that the doctors don’t even know about. My prayer is that he would choose this opportunity to miraculously heal this dead artery and restore me to full health in a way that the doctors can’t take any credit for fixing me, and God can get all the glory. Early, early, on after the transplant and I was fighting with rejection it was briefly mentioned having another transplant, I didn’t want to go that way if there was anyway to save what was already in me, I didn’t want the liver and chance for new life that I was given to go to waste, I wanted what would have been my 2nd liver to go to someone else for their chance at life. There isn’t a surplus of available liver organs, it isn’t like going to the store and just pulling another one off the shelf. I still feel the same way. If I go through another transplant, that is an organ that won’t be used in someone else's life, who maybe hasn’t accept Christ as their personal Lord and saviour yet. But I know that even if God has another transplant planned for me it will all work out for His Glory and my worries, fears and arguments don’t hold any water.

I am very thankful that I am not God, controller of the universe, and I can turn all my worries and fears of the future over to Him and he brings everything together for His glory. It is not about me, it is all about HIM! <><

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Is the healer of all he is the alpha and omega. He can do more than any person could ever do. I pray that something will change and you don't have to go through another transplant. But what ever happens God is with you and always will be he can and always will do more than anyone else ever could. Hang in there and know you are loved by many but mostly by God himself.