Monday, June 12, 2006

Hello Everybody!

I was so excited the last couple of nights!! Salt Lake City experienced a very big thunder and lightning storm, of course there was also the wind and rain! It as a very impressive storm! I enjoyed watching it from "my rock" (chair) under the protection of a roof (just like Jesus' wings covering me)! :-) As I was sitting there watching the storm and remembering back to the picture of the storm that Micah and I battled back in the hospital back in May (see Fri. May 12 & 24) Since the day I wrote about the storm being a Hurricane... I was reminded by a news report that we are now in the Hurricane season! That looks like the weather forecast here at Micah's apartment also. Just one storm after another! That is a very depressing thought! Micah and I have been listening to music and have found some songs that seem to speak for us and to us! It has been said: music calms a troubled soul. I believe another example of music calming the troubled soul would be King Saul in I Sam 16:23

"Whenever the spirit from God came upon Saul, David would take his harp and play. Then relief would come to Saul; he would feel better, and the evil spirit would leave him."


My sister sent a song to Micah called "Praise You In This Storm"... this song has become very special to me also.

The first verse says:

"I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”,
and it’s still raining"...

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


That about covers where I am today. Couldn't have said it better myself!
And just as the Weathermen don't know how many Hurricanes will reach the shores of the United States during a Hurricane season
we can't project how any storms are waiting to crash in around Micah and I.


I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth


Monday, June 12th
THREE MONTHS FIVE DAYS

As you can see, I didn't get the above part of the message finished the other day so it didn't make it to the Blogspot yet.
Now another busy weekend is over; The Storms of the weekend have past; The sun is brightly shining; Appointments have been scheduled; Plans are being made for the week... It's another day in Utah; AND THE WAITING CONTINUES.

As you can see from Micah's report he is doing a little better. Feeling well enough to have been able to do a few things this weekend. We are testing the waters, so to speak. Seeing how much he is up to now. This is only a test... But for the next day or two we will be performing a few tests... It's too early for the test results yet... but we are very hopeful.

And let us not lose heart and grow weary... for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. Gal. 6:9

Be strong and of good courage. Dread not and fear not; be not dismayed. I Chron. 22:13

We're hanging in there with HOPE & COURAGE and
I will praise HIM in this storm!

Signing off for another report,
Until later,
Becky (Mom)

1 comment:

preyingjaws said...

Micah.
good to see you out.
now let everyone see you.
follow the link...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/preyingjaws/166481729/

later
B