Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Update sortof


Well in some ways nothing has changed but in some ways it has. Still no news on a new liver. I wish I could say that I haven’t posted anything because of surgery but that is not the case.

I am continuing to get more and more swollen with retaining fluid in my belly, thighs, ankles and feet. It makes moving extremely hard and difficult. Lasix help a bit but it hurts the kidneys so my numbers which everyone is watching go up.

I had lab work done today and the numbers were elevated. My meld score calculated to somewhere around 30. Which is a very bad thing. Medicaid has agreed to pay for a second transplant as long as my meld was not over 28. (The doctors, already went to battle to get it raise to 28 they started out saying 25.) Because my meld was high they called me in to get an infusion. So I got to spend all afternoon in the hospital infusion lab.

No comments: