Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nothing lasts forever :-(


Today was a sad day. Last september they when my veins were having all of the problems and they kept poking me to try to get IV’s started they finally gave up and I got a PICC Line in my right arm. Oh it is a wonderful medical invention, you can use them like an IV and Push fluid in and but you can also Pull/draw blood out of the same line. I have wanted to keep it very happy and working for as long as possible. Well a few days ago it started to not allow us to draw blood, you had to be in the right position and hold your tongue just right and maybe it will work. Today the decision was made to replace out my PICC line so that it doesn’t become infected or anything. They don’t want any new bugs growing in me.

So I was sent to Angio and they were able to install a new PICC line in my left arm. The best part was that they were able to install the new one with just one poke. Yeah! Now I hope I can keep this one happy for so long like the previous PICC.

1 comment:

cath k said...

Thanks for sharing with us your experience...